POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 19th century schoolhouse [WIP] : Re: 19th century schoolhouse [WIP] Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:25:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 19th century schoolhouse [WIP]
From: Shay
Date: 17 Dec 2003 13:47:09
Message: <3fe0a4ad$1@news.povray.org>
"Jeremy M. Praay" <jer### [at] questsoftwarecom> wrote in message

Isosurface bricks. I'm looking forward to seeing how you pull off the
wooden planks. Will they be individual pieces? Looks good so far. Have
you considered a grid type image made of several views of the
schoolhouse? It would be nice to see some of that detail up close. Plus
you could include some inside shots.

My favorite old buildings are the recently decayed however. Something
about seeing a building from the 60s, 70s, or even 80s that is already
falling apart is really fascinating. There is an old farm house which I
sneak off to when I visit my in-laws. There are newspapers lying around
from 1976, but the people in the house obviously had very little
technology. Most of the buildings have fallen completely down.

I do get a little sad when seeing those things, however, because I used
to actually live in places like that and know that I will likely never
do so again. Having some type of studio would be a poor substitute. From
now on, it's air conditioning, television, and driving for me.

I still sneak off and climb buildings and break into warehouses when my
wife is at work though. To me, any attempt at art is an attempt to
capture something and bring it into my home, to attempt to create art in
a place like that would be in my mind to do the opposite.

 -Shay